Halloween Halloween. Hurray for the Devil and Dracula, poor bastards only get one official night a year.
If you’d any idea how boggling it’s been to compile the third volume of bangers & beauties for October. In the space of 3 days new Q-Tip masterwork ‘The Renaissance’ and Illa J’s Dilla-doctrine ‘Yancey Boys’ descended from Heaven as winged classics (impossible feat in this age of corrupt science and lost faiths) and I had to make the near insurmountable choice of selecting only 1 joint per set for your following presentation.
My own vital criteria for these tapes must be met though or else shit’ll just get outta control, trust me, as I fall upon/sift though hundreds of new songs + dozens of albums every month looking for the prime cut (aswell as combing a couple older pieces for a little hark back). Still I hope I’ve picked the sweetest cherry off each of those aforementioned LPs. Let me know if you disagree, if you have your own favourite. Aswell as always letting a brother know which joints got you buggin’ out the most even if you simply leave the artist/s and track name/s in the comments.
Oh & for the record, Foreign Exchange’s Leave It All Behind and Black Milk’s ‘Tronic’ are f**king tremendous aswell. October 2008: astonishing month for fresh long players from old favourites, thankfully devoid of the usual sophmore or veteran let downs. In fact, hasn’t this year just been incredible for next-level music and evolving sounds?
I go to bed content this very moment, and by the next installment hope we (the world) will have a new Black (technically Beige or Taupe) President and not a crazy b*tch in office one heartbeat from the button tryna’ blow up Russia. My American readers and listeners, make us UK heads proud and put in a vote on behalf of your humble sound-servant Fantasticunt.
>> Click To Cop Here <<— Megauploaded in case you’ve suffered Zshare bollocks.
Tracklisting In Alphabetical Order As Always:
1. Adventure Time – This Dome Is Our Home
2. Black Milk feat. Colin Munroe – Without You
3. Carlos Nino & Lil’ Sci feat. Prince Po – Honor, Courage & Karma (Prod. by Flying Lotus I think)
4. Elucid – Mannequin (Dead Fresh) (Prod. by Hudson Mohawke)
5. Exile – In Love
6. Fki feat. Badio – Get Open
7. Fly Guys (Kay & Donwill) feat. Che Grand & The Luv Bugz – I Think
8. Foreign Exchange – Sweeter Than You
9. Illa J – All Good (Prod. by J-Dilla)
10. Jesse Boykins III – Pantyhose
11. JimiJames – Bitchin (Prod. by Kareem Riggins)
12. John Robinson feat. Tiffany Paige – Expression (Prod. by MF Doom)
13. JoLeon DaVenue – Lisa Farenheit (Prod. by JoLeon DaVenue)
14. Leon King – The Digital Church
15. Ludacris feat. Lil’ Wayne – Last of a Dying Breed
16. Miguel Jontel – Overload
17. Mr. Dibiase – Fine Tuning
18. Mr. Scruff feat, Andreya Triana – Hold On
19. Murs feat. Tyler Woods – Love & Appreciate Part II (Prod. by 9th Wonder)
20. Musiq Soulchild – So Beautiful
21. Now On – Marbles
22. Oddisee feat. Nikki Jean – Tell The Truth (Prod. by Oddisee)
23. Oh No feat. Stacy Epps – I Can’t Help Myself
24. Onra feat. Hazel – Super Genesis
25. Physical Sound Sport – Nigeria Game
26. Q-Tip feat. Raphael Saadiq – We Fight, We Love
27. Ryan Leslie – Quick Sand
28. Sophia Fresh feat. Kanye West – What It Is
29. Tettorybad feat. Fatima – Unite
30. Yo Majesty – Hott
31. Zomby – Spliff Dub (Rustie Remix)
Your Mum’s shit right now:
Goin’ out to every dude, because of THAT one particular woman. A familiar tale for our entire species and an instant UK Soul-Hop classic evoking the most loveliest latter-day Tribe vibes.
Video: JoLeon DaVenue – Lisa Farenheit
Fantasticunt mixtape rating:
99,458 mums out of 10
[This is a free promotional release- appreciate free shit.]