Atleast I always compensate wholesomely for my lateness, right?
Hardest tape of 2009 already. Bumper pack. And one’s barely even begun. Had to call in a few industry favours to pull a couple major exclusives out the potatoe sack too (alongside the usually bangin’ bevy).
So watch out for a couple of these names/joints/sounds over the coming era, and don’t allege a dude wasn’t putting you on from way before the jump off jumped off.
My real music heads & newbies to the blog, commit to discovering more from the downloaded artists your less familiar with. And stay spreadin’ the word. Viva we viral.
Much love to Your Mum’s supreme, sexy faithful.
P.S. Headphones on.
(Respect to Mr. L.R. & his graphics steez for this editions cover above.)
Tracklisting In Alphabetical Order As Always:
1. 6BLOCC – Genius Of Dub <— American Dubstep?! Mindblowing.
2. A Race Of Angels – The Main Attraction
3. Busta Rhymes – Can’t Take It (Prod. by Dr. Dre)
4. Claire Macguire – Strangest Thing <— Don’t say I didn’t tell you so.
5. Common feat. Pharrell – Punch Drunk Love (Remix) (Prod. by The Neptunes)
6. Dorian Concept – The Fucking Formula
7. Dyme Def – Dreamin’
8. Fall Out Boy – w.a.m.s. (Prod. by The Neptunes)
9. Floating Points – Ligeti <— Jesus Christ. 2 Step Orchestral Glitch Hop? Wow.
10. Fly Guys – Ay Keisha
11. Hollyweerd – Wine & Dine/Love Handle
12. Hudson Mohawke ft. Nadsroic – Allhot
13. Idle Warship (Talib Kweli & Res) – Steady
14. J*Davey – End Of The World (Mama’s Back) [Snippet]
15. Jim Jones – Scarz <— If only more mainstream Hip-Hop beats had such trippy traits.
16. K’Naan – Somalia <— Deep.
17. K-Os – Zambony
18. Kanye West – Love Lockdown (Lunice Remix) <— Best remix of Love Lockdown, ever.
19. Karma Stewart – Look
20. Kid Bass feat. Sincere – Good Girls Love Rudeboys <— London funky house f**kers stand up.
21. Little Dragon – Wink
22. Marsha Ambrosius – Impossible (Prod. by Focus) <— How dope are these drums?
23. Maxwell – Pretty Wings [Snippet] <— He’s baaaaack.
24. MeLo-X – Tehas Beans
25. Mikkey Halstead – Karma (Prod. by No ID)
26. MIMs ft. The Notorious B.I.G. – Bread N’ Butter <— The next ‘A Milli’? If promoted right, possibly.
27. Mr. Vegas feat. Aaron LaCrate & Samir – Oh My Gosh
28. Naledge – Look At Them Hips
29. Platinum Pied Pipers – Ridin’ High <— For my float-away heads.
30. Pudge feat. Kissey Asplund – SynthaSizey
31. RZA feat. Rah Digga – Bitch Gonna Get Ya (Prod. by RZA) <— Rah Digga. Hardest rap b*tch alive. No prisoners.
32. Sene – BabiesNeedDaddies (Prod. by Blu)
33. Shaun Boothe feat. Amanda Diva – Music Man <— “Oh didn’t they tell you? Never fall for a music man…”
34 Siji – Here, There & Everywhere <— Soulful heads, pay attention.
35. The Carps – Compton
36. The Cock N Bull Kid – The Head <— Isn’t this girl signed yet?!
37. The Noisettes – Wild Young Heart <— This should in theory be a UK chart number 1. If it isn’t, the label failed them.
38. Theophilus London – Grey X Sage (Misty Night) Intro <— I can’t get this out my head.
39. Tiombe Lockhart – Sexy Suzy On A Sunday
40. Wiley – Off Da Radar <— Shit. Wiley can actually spit. Hard bars. Superior Grime.
Your Mum’s shit right now:
Video: The Noisettes – Wild Young Heart
& this too:
Video: RZA feat. Rah Digga – Bitch Gonna Get Ya
“A b*tch is gonna get cha’, a b*tch is gonna get cha’/
And it ain’t gon’ be pretty, now lemme paint the picture/
So we can do it hood style, by rippin’ out the slammers/
Or we can go medieval, with spears, shanks & hammers…!”