For all Liquid Swordmith mu’fuggahs.
The Genius is the my most beloved Clansman and amongst my Top 5 favourite emcees of all time; duke’s flow is colder than Margaret Thatcher.
When the first two cuts leaked, ‘Paper Plates’ and ‘Alphabets’ (both of which are of true Wu potency as the former’s laced by RZA and the latter by True Master), I was teetering at the possibilities of supremely sliced, raw meat audio.
Aight let’s dispense with the fraff, unfortunately it’s yet another ‘no classic’ from a veteran legend (though subtract three or four weak links, it becomes a solid effort). But it’s in possession of some undeniable bangers, and our boy Genius stays ravenous on the mic. So all my loyalists, until ‘Only Built For The Cuban Linx Part II’, willingly settle for this.
[IF YOU WANT THE ABOVE LINK TAKEN DOWN, E-MAIL US DIRECTLY ON email@example.com & IT WILL BE DONE AS SOON AS REQUEST IS SEEN.]
02. Pencil (featuring Masta Killa & RZA)
04. Groundbreaking (featuring Justice Kareem)
05. 7 Pounds (prod. by Black Milk)
06. 0% Finance
07. Short Race (featuring Roc Marciano)
09. Paper Plate
10. Columbian Ties (featuring True Master)
11. Firehouse (featuring Ka)
12. Path Of Destruction
13. Cinema (featuring Justice Kareem)
14. Intermission (Drive In Movie)
15. Life Is A Movie (featuring RZA & Khan-Acito Of Outlines)
16. Elastic Audio (Bonus Live Performance)
My stand-out tracks highlighted in Bold Red above.
Fantasticunt LP rating: